1994 Mazda Miata MX-5
~45 hours on track. 100% reliability.
1.8L engine. ~200,000km / 125,000 miles.
- Advanced Autosports Spec Miata Roll cage extra tall. 1.625"(1 5/8") x 0.095" DOM. Nascar bars on both side, dash bar, gussets, large/thick base plates.
- Spa Technique Fire suppression system, 2 nozzle, 2.25L tank.
- Kirkey 45 series seat, on OEM seat rails.
- IO Port back brace
- 6 point SFI harness (expired).
- Allstar Window nets (expired). Quick releases both on sides, slide over rods on roof.
- Kill switch.
- Passed Champcar (chumpcar) tech inspection in 2015.
Suspension - ~15 hours/1 race of use.
- Bilstein B6 Shocks
- Eibach 2.5" Springs 550lbs/inch front, 325 lbs/inch rear.
- Allstar coilover sleeves
- KYB foam bump stops - cut.
Wheels: Choice of (pick one) TR Motorsports C3M 15x9", or C1 15x8". Old BFG Rivals 225/45/15, 205/45/15 respectively.
Raceland Header - Approximately 100km. Online dynos I saw at the time of purchase suggested similar gains as the best name brand headers.
Custom fabricated Exhaust - 2.25" pretty straight back to magnaflow muffler.
Intake - DIY - Cone filter setup with Randall cowl intake inspired design.
Braided Stainless brake lines.
Hawk HP+ brake pads.
OEM fuel tank with filler restrictor removed.
Weight: ~1925lbs. Measured by adding up corners when performing DIY corner weighting with a full tank. I'm sure it could be dropped into the 1800s lbs by removing the OEM bumper supports. pop up headlights, OEM dash bar, etc.
The pictures are not perfectly representative of the current state of the car. For instance, trunk rack has been removed, I made DIY hood vents by cutting slits in the hood and pounding them up with a 4" pipe an mallet. Front fenders exits are tucked in a DIY manner, etc. I cared a lot about the function/maintenance, less so about the appearance. There's some rust forming in the rear drain area.
This would be a great car for Champcar, Lucky Dog, AER, CASC, time attack, lapping days, etc. I'm fairly certain it could meet almost any sanctioning body's regulations with no/few changes, other than updating the harness, etc. It's a great car, but unfortunately life has changed for me and I can no longer make use of it. I probably won't have access to the car until early spring, but I may be able to expedite access if needed.
More pictures here: drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f4eumpt8tF4QtgSLSq_BrC0pKFWxhedK?usp=sharing
Please feel free to message me with any questions.